Tijaban Literary Society is a non-governmental, non-profitable and apolitical organization founded in April 2020 at Tijaban. It aims to serve the people of Tijaban, Karki and Singabad with utmost efforts and potential in relation to education and other basic rights – which means the fundamental rights of every human being. However, TLS is working on education by creating a warm environment by functioning libraries, providing books and holding career counselling sessions, making scholarships available for needy and talented students to the best schools, colleges and universities across Pakistan and so forth.
Tijaban Literacy Society has achieved the following objectives successfully thus for:
1) Tijaban Literacy Society has conducted more than 10 study circles for students, physical and virtual.
2) TLS has managed to build Tijaban Public Library on 9th of August, 2020, and till today it is functional. Various donators have donated numerous books to the library.
3) TLS has arranged a Free Medical Camp on 2nd of January, 2021, in Government Boys High School Tijaban for the needy patients in Tijaban and, most importantly, to highlight the issues of shortage of basic health units in Tijaban.
4) It ran corona awareness campaign in its first and 2nd waves in corona virus surge with mask and sanitizer distributions.
5) It has enrolled more than 10 students in various institutions of Pakistan through various scholarships.
6) This year on July 10, 2022, Tijaban Literacy Society organized Annual Literary and Educational Festival Tijaban in the loving memory of late Baity Shoaib in the remote area of district Kech which included speeches, panel discussions, awards distribution among school toppers, Balochi chap, poetry and musical segments. The festival was attended by almost 5 thousand participants. Such festivals are integral part of learning and building a strong cultural belief in students.
Tijaban Literacy Society has been successful to bring the talent of school kids in this festival and bring out the top level of educationalist in Tijaban. A large number of students, educationist, poets and writers from various educational institutions of Balochistan attended the festival.
Tijaban Literacy Society set up their stall and offered books at discounted rates.
TLS strongly believes in promoting literature which will help to create vibrant, thoughtful and an innovative society. It will hold Annual Literary and Educational Festival every year in Tijaban from hereon.